Sunday, January 30, 2011

Snowpocalypse 2011

Dodo and Kleine both live in L.A., while I have made my home on the Boston. After growing up in the Southwest, I thought I would be consistently excited for things like "seasons" and "weather." But this winter has pummeled out any illusions of liking snow out of me. And it's only January.
Seriously, I've been in Massachusetts for 10 years now, and I have never hated winter so passionately. Especially considering all the complaining I always do in the heat of the summer.

Anyhoo, my friend Meister is moving to a co-op in Roxbury, and we spent the last week trying to fix up her room enough to make it a habitable environment prior to the move in date. Considering it was built in 18somethingoranother, it has taken a bit of work. On the way back at around 2:00am three nights ago we saw this:





What appears be an enormous snow pile was possibly a car, camouflaged by the fact that the snow around it was piled just as high. Don't be fooled by the scale compared to the rearview mirror. This pile was huge. Skeptical? So were we...until we drove by the next night and saw this:



Confirmed. You are fucked.

xoxo
zuzu

1 comment: