Thursday, June 23, 2011

Free Credit Report Your Mom

I know that I haven't written on here in a while, and I am really sorry about that. I guess I just felt uninspired. My temp job ended, my part time job is done for a few weeks, and I haven't even been reading any good books lately. I've just been sitting around in my underwear with a fan pointed directly at me thinking about the world and shit. Nothing that I felt like people would really care to hear about.


beerolympics.jpg
Although I did kick some ass at the first annual beer olympics.



Anyway, all this sitting around thinking about how I can justify my existence to the universe as something more than merely a tap on resources since I am apparently unable to participate in the workforce was interrupted yesterday by one of those janky freecreditreport.com commercials. I have blocked most of the commercial out of my brain, but it seemed to involve a golf caddy asking a man "at the top" for advice. And this man at the apex of the wealth food chain replies with a series of helpful word association phrases so that the poor little golf caddy will someday become a successful privileged douchenozzle who is able to hang with the best of them.

And once he has made it to the top, he will presumably play music
from his golf bag stereo, and pretend his arm is broken when he is losing.
I have no idea what rich white men do, but I am pretty sure Caddyshack is fairly accurate.

Here's what irks me about the commercial: Everything. From the fact that they have been making these crap ads for as long as my addled brain can remember, to the fact that the song is essentially a bizarro version of Dispatch's The General. I just hate it.

Almost as much as I hate that this twit is a cultural phenomenon

It's moments like this I wish I had little more power. Not like a lot of power. I don't want to change the course of world events or anything. Just enough power to call someone up and say "no more of this, please." In this case, I would make that phone call, and ask that that whoever created these commercials be "required" to watch them over and over for 24 hours, and then given the choice about whether they should continue being made.

Hopefully he will see things my way.
Anyway, I will try to post more regularly. Sorry that my first post back in a few weeks was a tangent about a commercial.

xoxo
zuzu

2 comments:

  1. LOOK AT YOU GO ZUZU. WITH THAT HEADBAND. WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture went away! Also, apparently Justin Beebz is having a baby or something. That's what the magazine said that I looked at in the grocery store, and it don't lie.

    ReplyDelete