Monday, February 14, 2011

Another Lesbo Adoption Story



My girlfriend Sparks and I have been together for almost three years now, and it seemed like it was time to expand our family, so we finally pulled the trigger, and welcomed a 6 month old cat into our home. Well, I welcomed him into our home, since Sparks had to fly to Cincinnati almost immediately after picking him out. We decided to call him Kipling, and pretty much he is awesome. I love dogs without fail, and I'm down with most cats (as long as they aren't the kind that hide under beds for prolonged periods of time only emerging to scratch you, pee, and eat). But I have to admit I was a little nervous to actually get a cat.

I don't have a car, so I walked him home from the adoption center (about 5 minutes, but still this is Boston, people). I would have been totally pissed off if someone had shoved me into a plastic carrier and dragged me out into the cold, but not Kipling, as soon as I opened the carrier door, he was all "sweet digs, let's be bff's." He's actually just a pretty friendly little dude, who likes to be warn scarf-like around my neck as I do chores in the apartment, and gets overstimulated by the laser pointer toy. So here are some pictures:


Sparks and Kipling falling in love at the MSPCA

Kipling going to town on Sparks' blanket. Going. To. Town.

Kipling holding my hand.

So he's been here since Thursday, and so far not too much exciting has happened. He's curled up next to the computer right now, so that's pretty cool. Dodo's cat Sappho, and Kleine's cat Mimi have a new cousin.

xoxo
zuzu

1 comment: