Thursday, May 19, 2011

It's been a long time comin'

I'm posting something! Months since my last post! Well, it'll probably be the last one for a while as I'm skipping town and will be off the grid. In any event, here goes.

I was getting Korean food with my boyfriend, his dad and his sister. This is apparently one of the few places that has vegetarian kimchi soups, so I was pretty excited about a spicy kimchi jigae. While perusing the menu, however, I found there was perhaps a feeling that my kind wasn't welcome:

Notice the "white" being a full rung below "mild" on the spiciness table. My boyfriend and his family are Pakistani, and the restaurant was full of Koreans. The cheese stands alone. We had a good laugh about this.

Later we asked for hot sauce and they brought us a bottle of something that was basically ketchup. Clearly I had tainted the table!

1 comment:

  1. yeah, the armo-ness of it all doesn't help either...not a lot of spicy food as far as i can tell...

    ReplyDelete