Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Song of the Week

How to find a band you like:

1) Have a conversation with your sister's boyfriend telling him you are looking for good music, and asking for suggestions.

2) Check out songs by the musician he talked about.

3) Check out side projects by the musician he talked about.

4) Scour the interwebs for information about that musician.

5) Stumble across an article that mentions another band that took their name from a song done by the side project of that musician.

6) Start listening to the other band.

7) Pretend that you found the other band all on your own, and talk about how awesome you are at finding good music.

...Hey, look at this band I found all on my own! I am so awesome at finding good music. My discovery of The Antlers had nothing to do with Dodo's boyfriend suggesting three years ago that I might like Mirah. I really liked their album Hospice, and I really like their new album Burst Apart.


xoxo
zuzu

No comments:

Post a Comment