Thursday, May 19, 2011

Pain Pour Tout le Monde!

Sorry about the super lame title. I am in Paris right now, taking a poetry class no less. I'm also actively wearing berets and skinny mustaches with a baguette in each pocket. Kind of like this:

[according to this image, I also smell really bad]. Anywho, I have been eating copious amounts of bread. At least a baguette a day, so far. I literally had an entire baguette for lunch and I bought the closest thing to cheddar cheese and ate the two together. And you guys cannot give me shit for eating a cheddar-y type cheese because I happen to fucking love cheddar cheese. It is awesome. Furthermore, I'm not a huge fan of brie *gasp.* I'm more of an Italian cheese kinda girl, ya know with the mozzarellas, the burratas, the buffalo mozzarellas, the parmigiana, romano, more mozzarella, etc . SO WHATEVER. STOP JUDGING.

I'm slightly concerned about this new diet of only delicious bread. Don't get me wrong, it's awesome. Best thing ever. Especially when a baguette costs less than 1 euro, which in American dollars is slightly less than 20 bucks. [Note: I'm only exaggerating slightly]. But, at a certain point I will be in danger of returning to the Colonies looking like this:


But, I will probably be wearing black as a sad attempt at a slimming effect. Now while this is a fear for me, it's not a big enough one for me to stop eating fresh baguettes every day. It's worth the risk. I may be eating it with Fromage De Hollande:


rather than Camembert, but that is my prerogative, people! I do Paris my way, you do it yours.

I also will be eating PAIN CHOCOLAT all day as well. It literally means chocolate bread. So, I'm just adding chocolate to my diet of bread. Expanding my horizons and palette.

1 comment:

  1. yessss! also where did you get that picture of me at vidi's wedding? i became violet beauregarde's twin that day...now we can be triplets!

    ReplyDelete