Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Song Of The Week

I'm about a week behind with this, but I love Swedish music. Adore. I searched record stores in 2007 to find imports of the Robyn CD before anyone in the U.S. (including Katy Perry) seemed to think of her as anything more that a one hit wonder (see "Show me Love"). I then put her song "Handle Me" on every mix I made for 6 months, whether or not I thought the mix recipient would like it.

There are so many things going on in the Swedish music scene, and they've been going on for a while. For example, Britney's song "...Baby, One More Time" was written and produced by her frequent collaborator Max Martin, who just happens to be Swedish. Point is, there is a lot of Swedish-ness going on, and it is frequently great. I love poking around trying to find new Swedish bands and artists. I came across this group, and fell in love.

Sometimes I hear a song, and then I have to listen to it 8 more times just to process all the emotions it makes me feel. I know this song has been around for about 3 years, but I still fall in love with it every time I hear it. The trio, Fredrik, is always interesting, and in honor of their new album (which it looks like you can already download on itunes), I am declaring their song "Black Fur" song of the week.


xoxo
zuzu

p.s. there might be another song of the week this week, because i am so late!

2 comments:

  1. Furnash, I trust you know this one? http://youtu.be/vux3htspD6s
    <3 claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, Claire! Hello! I'm overwhelmed by all the campy goodness! From the red leather pants to the aimless rides in an overstuffed car, it's golden. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Swedish Glam-Rock = yes.

    ReplyDelete