Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Sweat. Sweat Everywhere.

So, I am an English major and decided (yes, DECIDED) to apply to the honors thesis program. The honor being--to write a thesis. I asked to do this, it was not forced, but of my own volition. Which, I sometimes need to remind myself when I'm up to my neck in books focusing on 16th century lady times.

There are 11 of us in the program and we all have to do a presentation. And the first round of presentations happened yesterday--naturally, I was the FIRST to present. AKA super scary times. I actually was a bit taken aback at my own nervousness. I usually pwn at presentations (and talking, in general). [Fun fact: I won the English Department's poorly-titled, "Oral Communications Award" TWICE in high school].

Thankfully, Dodo was there for moral support and provided copious amounts of enthusiastic head nods when I looked out into the audience. Now, once I hit the front of the room, my nervousness decided to take its form in PROFUSE SWEATING. I guess, it could have been worse, I could have had a shaky voice, stutters, just straight-up collapsed, or vomited on myself. And, let me tell you dear readers, the sweat floweth mostly from my arse, which I suppose has its perks. It would have been far more noticeable and embarrassing if I was sweating all over my face. But, I guess I never knew how much an ass could sweat in a not-hot environment. Literally, a drip went down my leg in the middle of the presentation. Luckily, I was wearing a skirt that went past my knees, so no one saw (I also distracted the audience with an impromptu nip-slip).

I, for sure, left the podium with pit stains, so I refrained from doing my victory dance, which was a personal disappointment, but also confirms my suspicions that deodorant is giant, fucking scam.

I know this post has no photos, so allow me to give you this one, which is totally unrelated and just displays my 7-year-old cat, Mimi, being Cutez McGee on my backpack:

2 comments:

  1. kleine, i am so proud of you! and all of us in the A-clan get a little butt sweat from time to time. it's in the genes (pun!) (except from maybe vidi, because he's all business, and business people don't sweat). keep me posted if you want someone to look over drafts...but keep in mind that i basically just have arizona public school grammar, so it might not be that much help...

    ReplyDelete